Contemporary Craft (CC), a 48-year-old, non-profit art center that is relocating to Pittsburgh’s Upper Lawrenceville neighborhood in spring 2020, seeks a Director of Business Development (DBD – new position) to develop, oversee, and implement strategic business initiatives for all earned revenue, including retail (Store and Gallery), Studio (education workshops/tours), and special events. The position will also oversee strategic marketing direction. The DBD will be a member of the executive leadership team and play a key role in initiating programs and projects that support CC’s vision and short- and long-term plans. The DBD should also be familiar with artistic planning and the work of the artistic programs that operate under the Executive Director and Director of Exhibitions. The successful candidate will have a passion for art, an entrepreneurial mindset, strong business skills, and a proven track record of growing earned revenue and initiatives in other organizations.
This position is a leadership opportunity for an entrepreneurial and experienced non-profit manager to contribute to Contemporary Craft’s new $5.5 million facility that will serve as an art destination for the region and a space for inspiration and creativity in everyday life. The DBD must be able to think broadly and strategically about organizational work and also be detail oriented and organized about implementation strategies and structures necessary to move vision into reality.
- 10+ years results-oriented, progressively responsible experience in business management positions.
- Master’s degree in business or marketing (or equivalent experience).
- Demonstrated organizational leadership skills in directing a collaborative, results-oriented, high-functioning team.
- Understanding of business functions: Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, IT, Fundraising, Programming.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Superior analytic skills and fluency with numbers.
- Advanced computer skills including high proficiency in MS Office (particularly Excel).
Full Director of Business Development job description and requirements can be found here.
Send resume, three professional references, and cover letter giving specific examples of demonstrated results to Janet McCall at email@example.com with “Business Development Director Application” in the subject line. All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please do not mail hard copies.
Contemporary Craft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CC is committed to workplace diversity and to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Thank you for considering employment with Contemporary Craft.