Rent time in any of Contemporary Craft’s Studios!
Each of Contemporary Craft’s three Studio spaces is available to individuals for Open Studio Rental. Open Studio provides the opportunity to work independently in a studio environment with access to tools and equipment not typically found in a home studio. Open Studio includes access to all of the tools and equipment in that Studio (some equipment requires certification to use). If you have not taken a workshop in the Studio where you want to rent time, you must engage in a brief interview with a staff member to discuss your skill level. Once approved, you may rent studio time.
- Thursday: 11am-4pm
- Friday: 11am-4pm
- Saturday: 11am-4pm when there is no workshop scheduled in the Studio where you want to rent time.
*Hours and availability are subject to change*
Once you have purchased time in the Studio, all Studio renters MUST email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule the specific time you want to come in. This is to ensure proper social distancing in all Studios. No walk-in renters will be accepted at this time.
- By the hour: $15
- 1 day: $35
- 1 month: $135
When you arrive for Open Studio, please check in at the Program Office on the first floor to sign-in on the clipboard inside the door. When you are done in the studio, please sign out on the clipboard in the Program Office. This is where we will keep track of the hours you spend in the studio.
Hourly rentals are good from the time you check-in at the Program Office. Daily rentals are good for one single calendar day. Be sure to arrive early to get the most out of your daily rental. Monthly rentals are good for one month from the date of your first visit.
All Open Studio rentals are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
Contemporary Craft has established a COVID-19 Safety Plan following Pennsylvania and federal guidelines. All Studio Renters are expected to comply with all safety procedures. This includes:
- Wear a face mask. For your safety and the safety of those around you, face masks are required for all guests ages 2 and up for the entire duration of your visit.
- Maintain a safe distance. Please leave plenty of room between yourself and the other guests during your visit.
- When in doubt, ask for assistance. In order to minimize contact with surfaces, please refrain from touching surfaces and objects unless absolutely necessary. You can use the hand sanitizing stations located throughout the building.
- No food or drink allowed.
By visiting Contemporary Craft, you acknowledge that risk of communicable illness exists in any and all public spaces as a force of nature, and that Contemporary Craft assumes no responsibility for any claims which may arise.
Studio occupancy is limited to the following:
- Metals Studio: 4 renters
- Fibers/Mixed Media Studio: 6 renters
- Wood Studio: 2 renters
- Closed toe shoes are required in the Metals and Wood Studios
- Hair must be pulled back in Metals and Wood Studios
- Specific work spaces are not guaranteed in any of the Studios. They are first come, first served.
- Please use headphones when listening to music and take all calls outside
- Lockers are available to long term renters in the Metals Studio on a first come, first served basis.
- All studio tools and equipment that are used must be placed into designated bins to be disinfected by CC staff prior to being put away
- All personal tools, equipment, and materials must be cleaned up and taken with you (or put in your locker in the Metals Studio) at the end of each work session
- Studio rental is for independent work. CC staff is here to assist with tools and equipment, but not to provide instruction.