Made in PGH, Made by YOU
In keeping with Contemporary Craft’s mission “to engage the public in the creative experience through contemporary craft,” The Studio offers artist-led workshops focus on metals, wood, fiber, clay, book/paper arts, and mixed media at every skill level from introductory to mastery.
We are honored to have talented regional artists, as well as outstanding visiting artists from out of state teaching in The Studio. You will experiment with a new material under the guidance of experienced artists or learn a new technique that will advance your art practice.
Our educational programming is planned for a wide variety of audiences:
- Free, self-guided, hands-on art activity in the Drop-In Studio for the general visitors and their children
- A variety of fun, hands-on art workshops led by experienced artists in The Studio
- On-site group program and off-site outreach program that includes a guided tour and a hands-on activity for schools (both for students and teachers), at-risk youth, and residents of retirement facilities.
- On-site private group program for corporate team building or celebrations that includes a hands-on activity led by an experience artist.
- Summer Youth Art Program for youth in underserved communities.
We strive to involve the community in the expression of art through craft materials, to strengthen appreciation of the creative process as an important component in everyone’s life, and to assist visitors in integrating exhibition information beyond the gallery.
GIVE THE GIFT OF MAKING
We make it easy to show your clients, employees, friends, and family that you appreciate them in a genuine and creative way. Give the gift of a memorable making experience with a Studio Gift Certificate.
General educational program support provided by the Windgate Charitable Foundation, The Buhl Foundation, the Henry C. Frick Educational Fund, the Allegheny Regional Asset District, the Elizabeth R. Raphael Fund of the Pittsburgh Foundation, The Heinz Endowments, and the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts.