Made in PGH, Made by YOU
In keeping with Contemporary Craft’s mission “to engage the public in the creative experience through contemporary craft,” The Studio offers artist-led workshops focus on metals, wood, fiber, clay, book/paper arts, and mixed media at every skill level from introductory to mastery.
We are honored to have talented regional artists, as well as outstanding visiting artists from out of state teaching in The Studio. You will be able to experiment with a new material with the guidance of experienced artists or learn a new technique that will advance your art practice.
Our educational programming is planned for a wide variety of audiences:
- Free, self-guided, hands-on art activity in the Drop-In Studio for the general visitors and their children
- A variety of fun, hands-on art workshops led by experienced artists in The Studio
- On-site group program and off-site outreach program that includes a guided tour and a hands-on activity for schools (both for students and teachers), at-risk youth, and residents of retirement facilities.
- On-site private group program for corporate team building or celebrations that includes a hands-on activity led by an experience artist.
- Youth Summer Apprentice for youth in underserved communities.
Contemporary Craft’s strives to involve the community in the expression of art through craft materials, to strengthen appreciation of the creative process as an important component in everyone’s life, and to assist visitors in integrating exhibition information beyond the gallery.
You can check out the full fall/winter 2018 and spring 2019 studio catalog online now!
GIVE THE GIFT OF MAKING
We make it easy to show your clients, employees, friends, and family that you appreciate them in a genuine and creative way. Give the gift of a memorable making experience with a Studio Gift Certificate.
Contemporary Craft’s workshops are taught by experienced artists working in a variety of mediums, including clay, fiber, wood, metal, book arts, paper making, mixed media, and more!