Made in PGH, Made by YOU
To engage the public in the creative experience through contemporary craft, The Studio offers inspiring, artist-led workshops focus on metals, wood, fiber, book/paper arts, and mixed media at every skill level from introductory to mastery. We are honored to have talented regional artists, as well as outstanding visiting artists from out of state teaching in The Studio. You will experiment with a new material or a new technique with experienced artists or learn something new to advance your art practice.
Our educational programming is planned for a wide variety of audiences:
- Free, self-guided, hands-on art activity in the Drop-In Studio for the general visitors and their children
- A variety of fun, hands-on art workshops led by experienced artists in The Studio
- On-site group program and off-site outreach program that includes a guided gallery tour and a hands-on activity for schools (both for students and teachers), at-risk youth, and residents of retirement facilities.
- On-site private group program for corporate team building or celebrations that includes a hands-on activity with an experience artist.
- Summer Youth Art Program for youth in underserved communities.
Get involve in the expression of art through craft! You will appreciate the creative process as an important component in your everyday life.
GIVE THE GIFT OF MAKING
We make it easy to show your clients, employees, friends, and family that you appreciate them in a genuine and creative way.
Give the gift of a memorable making experience with a Studio Gift Certificate.
Contemporary Craft/Construction Junction Partnership Program (CC/CJ Partnership)
We are stoked to partner with Construction Junction to present a series of hands-on art workshops, on the 2nd Saturday of each month through March 2020. Developed around our shared interest in environmental and social impact, the workshops will support and promote conservation through the use of reused materials! All of the workshops in this partnership program will be held at Construction Junction located at 214 N Lexington St, Pittsburgh, PA 15208. Registration for all these workshops will open below soon!
Studio program support provided by the Windgate Charitable Foundation and the Henry C. Frick Educational Fund. General program support provided by the Allegheny Regional Asset District, The Heinz Endowments, Elizabeth R. Raphael Fund of the Pittsburgh Foundation, and the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts.
Accessible services available. Please call for more information.